Saturday, November 20, 2010

Why Does Everyone Treat Me Like Crap?!

"If you want to change the way others treat you, you should first change the way you treat yourself.  Unless you learn to love yourself fully and sincerely, there is no way you can be loved." 


That's right.  I'm beating this book to death.  I told you I would, so please, don't be surprised. These lessons are simply just too important to let go of and I love that I now have a platform to jump off of to tell you and me about this!

So often in life I/we feel mistreated by others.  We wonder why everyone in our life feels toxic, why people take us for granted, why they don't love us as we love them.  

I highly recommend checking out this site 100 Ways to You can Start Loving Yourself and seeing if any of these options might fit neatly into your life.  Honestly, I feel a surge of "I can do this!" when reading this artfully written guideline post.

It is only once we begin to love ourselves, have respect for ourselves and our boundaries and truly believe at the core that we are wonderful, loving individuals as we are that we will begin to see that those that treat us poorly either fall away or learn to treat us well.  These people are challenges presented in our lives, to test our own self love.  As such, you choose to pass or fail.  If you do not believe yourself a good person, you will allow others to treat you poorly and believe you are "deserving" of such treatment.  So, rather than try to change their mind - work on your own.

Here are a few more people that explore this topic from a more educated angle, should you crave that kind of explanation:
"Fret not where the road will take you.  Instead concentrate on the first steps."



No comments:

Post a Comment