Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Quotes. Quotes. Quotes, quotes, quotes.

Listen to this goofy yet, unforgettable song and then re-read the title to this post.
Okey dokey.  Now that you're in a similarly goofy mood to mine, I believe it's a good time to check out another poignant quote from The Forty Rules of Love.
"One thing that has helped me personally in the past was to stop interfering with the people around me and getting frustrated when I couldn't change them.  Instead of intrusion or passivity may I suggest submission?

I am partial to this particular quote for a number or reasons.  Primarily this quote reminded me of my family members.  You see I love my family, but there are a few people who I simply KNOW could be leading better lives if they just <insert common sense action here>.
 Ox is forever worrying about me when I mention that one of these particular people have contacted me.  He knows that I take it all much to personally.  I get frustrated that I cannot offer the appropriate advice for these people and that usually offering any advice to what seems to be an irritatingly repeated issue only ends in raised blood pressure and frustration coupled with injured feelings.
I always felt it was my place to help guide these people to better lives, to help them see the light that I have seen in The Flow, in interacting with others, in my career path, etc and so on.
How very condescending of me, right?
No two experiences are a like, no matter how similar they seem on the surface.  Certainly what got me to a peaceful place, which I'm now desperately trying to become comfortable in, will not be the same way for others to go.

I need to work embodying this quote and simply submitting.  Not everyone necessarily chooses the same adventure as others. Just being willing to go along and listen to them is what is really important, because what they want in their life may or may not match what I want.  In fact, if I knew what I wanted, I'd be spending much less time seeking for whatever it might be that completes me.
Which leads me to my next interesting quote, "No matter who we are or where we live, deep inside we all feel incomplete.  It's like we have lost something and need to get it back.  Just what that something is, most of us never find out.  And of those who do, even fewer go out and look for it."
 I'd like to be one of those rare folks that isolates what makes me feel incomplete and go look for it as well.  I'm hoping blogging, reading and simply opening my soul up to this idea will put the proper wheels in motion for this.  I mean after all, "Although it is a fact that He (enlightenment) cannot be found by seeking, only those who seek can find Him (enlightenment)."
So, it is good to remember that you cannot find enlightenment by seeking it, however only those that seek will be able to open themselves up to enlightenment finding them.
Cutting down on the judging and forcing and manipulation of others will surely  lighten my soul's load and allow me to focus on my own journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment