Thursday, November 4, 2010

Candy Monster!

Halloween was a joyous time filled with friends, food and fun.  However, I let my guard down some and well, I got on that candy train....and I ate, and I ate, and I ate.

Well, yesterday I found myself in a foul, foul mood and I was completely broken out...that's when I realized it'd happened, I'd become A CANDY MONSTER!!

There's tons of write ups on the ills of candy and processed foods - particularly interesting to me though is the effects that sugar can have on one's mental state AKA launching you into depression. There's tons of information on the web on this issue. Two struck me as interesting this personal account and then this article written by Annette Nay, Ph.D. are two such examples of the effects of sugar and sugar addictions.

Anywho.  After my realization on what I'd done to my lil body and mind I decided to make some serious changes.  Winter is always hard for me to stay positive, so making these changes now will hopefully make this dark season a bit brighter.

I've decided to re-implement a breakfast routine that I used to have and let fall by the wayside.  I'm going to be enjoying Green Monster's for breakfast.  They are an amazing way to start your day by giving your body good fuel to hit the ground running.

I got the idea from Angela - from over at Oh She Glows.  She's an amazing vegan baker/blogger/runner/motivator.  As a whole Angela does a wonderful job of inspiring her readers through action to realize how what you put in your body is what you get out.  Check her out if you get a chance!  Her blog is certainly something that helps keep me on track on the whole self-care manifesto.

How do you start your day?

Oh, ps...I'm giving up coffee at work as well...dumdumdahhhhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment