Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Are we there yet?

"Patience does not mean to passively endure.  It means to be farsighted enough to trust the end result of a process." - from The Forty Rules of Love


Oh waiting, it is the worst.  Your mind becomes a hamster wheel of energy.  You're desperate for a solution, an action, something, WOULD SOMETHING JUST HAPPEN ALREADY?!!?

Sure, that's the first gut instinct on what your mind wants to do.  But in reality, does that ever help?  Does jumping the gun really get you better results?  Methinks no.  So often, we lose our patience with something and in doing so make an action on our own -- we lose faith that the Flow will help us out and in doing so, we deviate from our paths.

Inevitably, once you deviate from your path, you will then take the long road back to your path.  So, patience, in the long run saves time.  Crazy, yes?

In an effort to be more patient with people, ideas, myself I've been spending more and more time meditating.  I'm not a zen-master or anything and I certainly don't levitate.  But, I do find that even 5 minutes focusing on my breath, taking deep breaths and quieting my mind ensures that I'm the better version of me rather than the crazy, anxious, hamster-on-a-marathon-brain driven monster that I was so often in my younger days.

Need some tips on meditation or perhaps some guides?  Here are a few resources to get you started:

What is Meditation?
How to Meditate - a guided video
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care's downloadable Guided Meditation
Dr. Deepak Chopra's Guided Meditation

So, humor me.  Allow yourself 5 minutes to focus on you...you'll be amazed at the results.

Ps. sorry for 2 posts, the previous one refused to reformat into anything remotely attractive and in true, non-patience after 5 tries, I simply gave up.  Guess I need to re-read this post, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment