Thursday, November 18, 2010

Enneagram

Pretty
Ox













You know how horoscope sites always have a Love Chart?  They're fun and always seem to nail the personality on the head, but are still ya know, just a horoscope.

Well, I was stumbling the other day and came upon this excellent love chart based on Enneagram tests.  It's fun because this author did a full study of marriages and how people naturally partnered up.

So, naturally I fire off an email asking Ox to complete this particular Ennegram test immediately and I also do the same.  I wanted to see how readily we fell into the research provided and also, how likely it was we'd stick around because honestly kids?  Some days I feel like we're on different planets or wish we were (but I don't want him to go too far, like another galaxy, so I can still stalk him with my telescope).

Anyway - Mr. Man's research is dead on.  Ox and I fell into the highest occurring group for our particular numbers.

I personally am a 1 (reformer) and he is a 9 (peacemaker).

Meaning his key motivators are: Want to create harmony in their environment, to avoid conflicts and tension, to preserve things as they are, to resist whatever would upset or disturb them.

And mine are: Want to be right, to strive higher and improve everything, to be consistent with their ideals, to justify themselves, to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone.

How exactly those two personality groups are the most likely to match up is beyond me, but it was a fun little experiment for sure.  Probably just as reliable as the Love Charts, but hey equally as fun!!  Plus, it's comforting knowing I'm not the first girl to hunt down a totally passive and sweet boy and torment him regularly!

So, try it out.  It's interesting what the results are and even more interesting to see if you're in a common partnership, or if you're an outlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment