Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Paul the Conductor

Paul the conductor on my morning train likes black coffee, with 2 sugars.  He also has a wife, daughter and a brand new hermit crab he calls "Hermie." Paul's daughter has a guinea pig named "Meatball" but he calls him GP for short.

Paul is a character in my life.  Much like Sesame Street - my life has characters, bet yours does too.  These are the people that you don't realize are important in your life because you have a surface relationship based on something else...nonetheless consider the fact that if you were making puppets of your day-to-day life - would the people you waste a lot of time on be the puppets, or would you have more people/puppets like Paul the conductor?

Take time to think about these people and take time to make relationships happen, not where you expect them - but wherever you are.

Ps. My sister is coming to visit from the Midwest this afternoon and I'm just so excited I might burst into sprinkles.

Pss. My new most favorite hobby is vacuuming in a dimly lit room with the vaccum light on.  It's like you're sneaking up on the dust bunnies... (weird, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment