Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Credit Report dot Com

Aloha, Bonjour, Greetings and Salutations!!

How the heck are you all today?  It's a balmy mid-60's day here in the Northeast and I must say my outlook is sunny today.

I spent the majority of yesterday doing most of my Christmas shopping --- GASP!!!

Yup.  I've completed all the shopping for my family (pat pat pat goes my hand on my back), now I just have Ox's kin-folk to purchase for.  Honestly, his family is fully of babies and 'lil tater-tots (toddlers), so shopping for them is a treat.  I'll give you kids the low down on what I got everyone AFTER the holidays to assist you next year.  I know booo and waaaaah, but my family reads this stuff!!

I WILL tell you I loved the ideas provided by Ree Drumond AKA The Pioneer Woman AKA my idol.  She's the niftiest food, family, photo blogger/love story writer and she has downright impeccable taste when it comes to gifts.  So, check her and her gorg site out.

Now that I've completed all the shopping.  I, of course, choose today to pull my credit report.  Not because I went so wild on my shopping spree that I'm concerned -- but because Ox and I are taking a Homebuying 101 class with some of our close friends and it starts this weekend!!  Interestingly enough, my charges from yesterday do not show yet, making my score and levels that much more attractive  --- plus Ox won't know how much I spent on gifts (score one for Pretty)!

I'm quite excited about this class, I'm hoping it really does help unravel the mysteries and puzzles that are a part of homebuying.  We're not quite ready for a home (probably another year or so out), but with the market as it stands - I think it's not the wrong move to get educated and ready to make a quick move as soon as we're able.

Also, it's exciting because our friends ARE ready to buy.  They're shopping in-fact and I'm loving living vicariously through them.  Plus, having amazing friends to make faces at when things get hard and pass notes too in a long, tedious and slightly overwhelming class certainly can't hurt!!

In any case, I just wanted to let you guys know that if you happen to want to sign up for a monitoring service from one of the credit firms -- I've got a trick.

You see, I ordered a report earlier this year and you only get one free a year, so I had to pay for this one.  But I did so by signing up for the service offered by Experian Direct, one of the three big name credit monitoring providers.  For $1, I received a very attractive credit report and my credit score, plus a lot of other stuff I didn't work through on the site.  You see, I knew I didn't want to continue the service, so once I printed my report I proceeded to call to cancel (otherwise, I'd certainly forget).

They are some closers, those call-center gurus.  They offered me HALF OFF the monthly fees if I wanted to stay (which I did not).  So, my suggestion to you kids?  You want the service, pretend you don't and then reap the benefits of them "saving" your membership!! 


Have yourself a happy day and remember, you might not have all that you want and that might bum you out.  But take a second look and see if you don't have all that you need.

(that rainbow farting Kody (see Sister Wives Post) has got me thinking, if he can be so chipper in the face of so much responsibility...what's my excuse?! Thus, my cheesy ending statement cheering you (and me) along today...)

No comments:

Post a Comment