Thursday, December 2, 2010

Uninterrupted Online Multitasking

Okay, maybe I'm behind the curve here, but I've recently started a new habit when browsing the web that's genuinely made me happy.  So, of course, I want to share the happy.

I used to read along on a page and when a link came up that interested me, either I'd click and leave the page at that time or I'd try to remember to come back to it.

Now I've started taking advantage of the options that are available if you right click a link instead of just clicking it.  Specifically, I've started using "open link in a new tab" whenever anything catches my eye.  As such, I can finish reading what I'm reading currently, then move on to the next interesting item.

I've found this particularly helpful when I'm hunting a recipe or idea for something to bring to a party.  I can open all the interesting options in separate tabs and then when I'm through looking at options review the ones that caught my eye.

Now I just have to learn to stop before I have 50 tabs of stuff I wanna read later and actually read some of it!

Hope this helps your browsing experience as much as mine.

Ps.  My ever so intelligent sister pointed out that I should note that the way links appear after you click on them - either taking you to that site or by opening a new window is a default based on how the page was designed.  Interesting to consider when working on ones own site for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment